Sign in to follow this  
twerp

Quiet or just me ?

Some cars just won’t shift no matter what you do & sometimes you just have to sit it out. I’ve got one vehicle (small Shitron) and I’ve moved the price from between £2200 & £3999 and can I bollocks get any interest in it.

Tbh I’m not interested in the fucking thing so why should I expect a member of the public to show interest in such a peasant conveyance? The only fuckers who’ve been interested couldn’t rustle up a ha’penny to scratch their arses. It’s just a reminder to me why I don’t ‘do’ small cars - give me an old 4x4 any day of the week with a proper profit that sells within a week or two.

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

i cant see that bursting to tell the truth , it may slow down a little from rising at the rate it is , but bursting would cause mayhem in many fields , 

Last week i put an average of 12k across our prices and sold 80% of them , I have never been as low on stock as we are now ,  

cars are flying out , Stock is hard to find and buy , 

New stuff is months behind which in turn causes a shortage anyway . 

Onwards and upwards for a long time yet i'm thinking 

Agree David it will not end anytime soon for the reasons we all know, however, all good thing's come to an end and this will eventually. Good times right now though and well overdue! 

30 minutes ago, BHM said:

Some cars just won’t shift no matter what you do & sometimes you just have to sit it out. I’ve got one vehicle (small Shitron) and I’ve moved the price from between £2200 & £3999 and can I bollocks get any interest in it.

Tbh I’m not interested in the fucking thing so why should I expect a member of the public to show interest in such a peasant conveyance? The only fuckers who’ve been interested couldn’t rustle up a ha’penny to scratch their arses. It’s just a reminder to me why I don’t ‘do’ small cars - give me an old 4x4 any day of the week with a proper profit that sells within a week or two.

Ha ha I've got one too,just spent all day poncifying it up,ive even put original wheel trims on it

I've had it 14 months now

Cracking car but nobody wants keep fit windows anymore 

41 minutes ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

What sort of price range are you selling?

£2k-£10k around 15 in stock. It’s only part of my business though so luckily I don’t need to rely on it. 

4 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Possibly regional?

Where about's are you in the country?

I’m sure you have a good stock mix, are they fairly desirable and you advertise is all the usual places?

We all have periods where we just seem to have the wrong stock and struggle to shift it. Your doing the right things for a normal market with the price drops but with the market the way it is, as mad as it’s sounds I’d be tempted to put the prices of a couple of your cars, last week we put aome of sour cars up, the ones that had crept into priced low and we’ve sold all of them except one. I can’t tell why but we did.

Edited by Bmx Bandits

13 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

Agree David it will not end anytime soon for the reasons we all know, however, all good thing's come to an end and this will eventually. Good times right now though and well overdue! 

On the 10 o’clock news last night they were discussing inflation and a guy with a vast pitch in Nuneaton was explaining about paying 4 grand more than last year for the same stock.It’s not just cars and vans,a house opposite us went on yesterday at about 20% more than we thought and today they are onto second viewings.I was in Wicks for a smallish tin of gloss which I thought would be £10 at most and it was £18.

Seems its particularly Nissan Micra's that have been affected by the inflated prices. Just got off the phone to a guy who was trying to sell me his W reg Nissan Micra Auto. Told him politely its 22 years old, I deal in 2 - 8 year old stuff generally. He was insistent it was low mileage and it would be a good buy for me.  To humour him I asked what he was after for it. £1600 he said. :unsure:

Quiet here stocking 8 to 12 years old, mainly low mileage petrols.

April best month ever, May decent month, June we only sold half what we would have hoped to up to now.

Saying that first half of April was quiet then we sold loads in second half.

Strange times

1 hour ago, CRW said:

Seems its particularly Nissan Micra's that have been affected by the inflated prices. Just got off the phone to a guy who was trying to sell me his W reg Nissan Micra Auto. Told him politely its 22 years old, I deal in 2 - 8 year old stuff generally. He was insistent it was low mileage and it would be a good buy for me.  To humour him I asked what he was after for it. £1600 he said. :unsure:

:lol::lol: Tbh I don’t think I’ve ever had a sensible conversation with a Nissan punter - buyer or seller.

Except for X-Trails I avoid all Nissans. Just magnets for greedy ‘Last price?’ immigrants, the penniless and the thick as pig shit (delete as appropriate).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to the media, all of us dealers are upping our prices? So fill yer boots!

Hi Folks, Interested to hear how everyone is finding the job at the moment retail wise? 

Edited by TRADE SURVIVOR
Added content

I seem to have actually picked up a bit of stock this week and now it's gone quiet  , which tell me , as usual , I was the last idiot paying over book and it's peaked :wacko:

• Haha 1

We are fully Stocked up normally we have 65 cars on web and sell around 45 a month last 2 weeks over 90 cars on web and no calls or serious enquiries 

• Confused 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:54 PM, Zahoor said:

We are fully Stocked up normally we have 65 cars on web and sell around 45 a month last 2 weeks over 90 cars on web and no calls or serious enquiries 

You’ve got 90 for sale and not sold anything in 2 weeks?