Sign in to follow this  
twerp

Quiet or just me ?

Only 1 call in 10 days for a viewing that later cancelled?

Is it just me ?

We are very busy with a stream of retarded E MAIL WARRIORS -Jesus, i wish i had a Platform like Cazoo etc- where you cant e mail them stupid bloody questions !!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Holmfirth Cars said:

We are very busy with a stream of retarded E MAIL WARRIORS

I can feel the pain in your writing. Just ignore the daft cnuts, in the unlikely event one of them is semi-serious they’ll phone when they don’t get an email.

Edited by BHM

Not sold anything in nearly 2 weeks with a stock of 15 cars. Phones barely rang either.

Anyone else noticed an influx in people asking for delivery all over the country since the likes of Cazoo and Cinch have joined the market?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Not sold anything in nearly 2 weeks with a stock of 15 cars. Phones barely rang either.

Anyone else noticed an influx in people asking for delivery all over the country since the likes of Cazoo and Cinch have joined the market?

Yes

16 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

E-mails are bad enough but texts are the worst. Always sent by illiterates. 

Sos 4 tht m8

20 hours ago, twerp said:

This is with 2017+ cars !

Jesus H Christ thats a lot of stock you are carrying there:o

Edited by Frank Cannon
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Lakeside said:

All aware they have a week or so “to try it out”. I’ll leave that sort of customer to the big boys (like I’ll be doing free delivery, free trials etc. on my older cars :rolleyes:). 

• Like 1

Usually we’re quiet when everyone else is busy but we are powering through sales at the moment, can’t keep up with prep, think I’m down to 27 online when it should be closer to 40:mellow:

54 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Usually we’re quiet when everyone else is busy but we are powering through sales at the moment, can’t keep up with prep, think I’m down to 27 online when it should be closer to 40:mellow:

Replacing stock must be a bit easier where you are.Heavier or different stuff was always cheaper in Scotland,you just had to be prepared to do a bit of paintwork.I don’t think Scots will like paying 2/3 grand into book !

23 hours ago, trade vet said:

Replacing stock must be a bit easier where you are.Heavier or different stuff was always cheaper in Scotland,you just had to be prepared to do a bit of paintwork.I don’t think Scots will like paying 2/3 grand into book !

Don't get the regional variances now with everything online, completely changed things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Don't get the regional variances now with everything online, completely changed things.

Makes me tempted to move to a cheaper part of the country for more space for the £££s

6 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Nearly all our customers are from south or north of us , Cheaper here is the comment , when i look i think cant see that , looks all the same to me . but eh if that's what they think .

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Makes me tempted to move to a cheaper part of the country for more space for the £££s

I think with online delivery if you were fairly central and could cover most of the uk within 3/4 hours would make more sense right?   It aint about forecourts and nice pitches for the most part its an online pitch.   

26 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Nearly all our customers are from south or north of us , Cheaper here is the comment , when i look i think cant see that , looks all the same to me . but eh if that's what they think .

On a rare well specced car I get it but a lot of the time for a Vauxhall Adam or a Ford Fiesta ST  / Focus ST or something I always think there must have been about 3 million between me in cheshire and them in inverness 

3 hours ago, twerp said:

Cheap for a reason some would say.

Don't get me wrong, if you're doing online only with delivery ala Cazoo then naturally stick yourself in an area with cheap land and cheap(er) readily available staff. 

But running a pitch is a different matter. Most people don't search nationwide for a car unless it's something unusual so there are regional price differences, even on bread and butter. 

20K black Audi A3 from Bradford/Blackburn won't be 20K in Stamford or Bath but will definitely sell...

Edited by grant8064

15 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Focus ST or something I always think there must have been about 3 million between me in cheshire and them in inverness 

I think that too Rory .

Sold two ST Fiestas last Sat and one guy was from 120 miles , the other one was 80 miles , and the cars were just standard St Fiestas one Blue and one Black , The Black one was even aa ST 2 with no Sat Nav not the  loaded 3 .

I'm not known for being cheap so it isn't that . cant tell can you , customers are a law unto themselves 

19 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Cheap for a reason some would say.

Don't get me wrong, if you're doing online only with delivery ala Cazoo then naturally stick yourself in an area with cheap land and cheap(er) readily available staff. 

But running a pitch is a different matter. Most people don't search nationwide for a car unless it's something unusual so there are regional price differences, even on bread and butter. 

20K black Audi A3 from Bradford/Blackburn won't be 20K in Stamford or Bath but will definitely sell...

I think the truth lies somewhere inbetween. 

Just for example, 4000sq ft £1200 per month - come on !

You can't get 800ft outside of Birmingham for that 

Screenshot-2021-06-15-150205.jpg

Been very busy until a week ago then it’s gone a bit quiet. To be honest I was glad it did as I needed some time to catch up on prep, paperwork, buying etc etc.

Really feel for the guy's who are having a quiet time right now we are not on fire but steady enough with some of the heaviest retail priced stock in captivity. Keep peddling guy's if it's slow now your turn will surely come to make hay, hopefully before the bubble bursts. 

17 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

hopefully before the bubble bursts. 

i cant see that bursting to tell the truth , it may slow down a little from rising at the rate it is , but bursting would cause mayhem in many fields , 

Last week i put an average of 12k across our prices and sold 80% of them , I have never been as low on stock as we are now ,  

cars are flying out , Stock is hard to find and buy , 

New stuff is months behind which in turn causes a shortage anyway . 

Onwards and upwards for a long time yet i'm thinking 

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

i cant see that bursting to tell the truth , it may slow down a little from rising at the rate it is , but bursting would cause mayhem in many fields , 

Last week i put an average of 12k across our prices and sold 80% of them , I have never been as low on stock as we are now ,  

cars are flying out , Stock is hard to find and buy , 

New stuff is months behind which in turn causes a shortage anyway . 

Onwards and upwards for a long time yet i'm thinking 

Possibly regional? but I’m already seeing it slowing and becoming a race to the bottom. I reduced a bit of my stock last week due to lack of interest, making some of them cheapest in the country. Checked again today and noticed a couple of dealers I undercut last week have now dropped the prices on their equivalent cars to be cheaper than mine. 

Ive still not sold anything and speaking to a few local dealers they’re suffering the same.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

I've still not sold anything and speaking to a few local dealers they’re suffering the same.

What sort of price range are you selling?