Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

NIMBY Flash car dealer 0 Skater boys 1

CD Mag News.Multi millionaire and fairly elderly Trade Centre boss with the new Ferrari ( how sad is that ) confronted juvenile skater boys while using their skate park which is on public land near his residence..He was complaining to them that the council should not be extending the skater park and he has offered to fund a new one somewhere else.It appears the Skater Boys told him and his Mrs to F Off and film of the episode has caused so much anger that people  are driving past his residence sounding horns at night and Trade Centre has been inundated with bad reviews.The Trade Centre guy is now heavily backtracking.Do you think he might be forced to donate a Skater Boy music system to encourage more use of the park.

I saw this and I was a bit puzzled because it appears to be a rather small skate park located quite some distance from his house and on the opposite side of the A4067.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

CD Mag News.Multi millionaire and fairly elderly Trade Centre boss with the new Ferrari ( how sad is that ) confronted juvenile skater boys while using their skate park which is on public land near his residence..He was complaining to them that the council should not be extending the skater park and he has offered to fund a new one somewhere else.It appears the Skater Boys told him and his Mrs to F Off and film of the episode has caused so much anger that people  are driving past his residence sounding horns at night and Trade Centre has been inundated with bad reviews.The Trade Centre guy is now heavily backtracking.Do you think he might be forced to donate a Skater Boy music system to encourage more use of the park.

Do you know him?

do you hold high regard for anyone successful in the car sales job ?

What’s wrong with owning a Ferrari and being worth a few quid ?

isnt the true story floating about here that some kids threw stuff at his Ferrari? 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Do you know him?

do you hold high regard for anyone successful in the car sales job ?

What’s wrong with owning a Ferrari and being worth a few quid ?

isnt the true story floating about here that some kids threw stuff at his Ferrari? 

Watch the video Rory.Nice kids who live in the same area as the skater park.Think about it,to them it is some sad old bloke ( with a new Ferrari ) interrupting them and complaining about planning permission.He has made a big mistake,we all make them.No wonder they told him to F Off.This story is likely run and will not endear the guys punters.An elderly car dealer  having a new Ferrari is NAF,if it was a 30 year old one or similar that would have probably impressed the kids.Long ago I collected a new Ferrari Daytona and drove it 300 miles,being a car dealer I thought it was shite around town.Why do a lot of people think skateboarders are undesirables.However I have to declare I do quite like ‘ Socal ‘ skater music.

Upon reading the CDM article I gather he lashed out on social media then removed it - a poor show really, showing he’s not even prepared to stand by what he says.

From the video it looks like he’s gone to square-up the kids thinking he’s the big gaffer, failing to realise he has no authority over them, or gain any respect from them.

At the end of the day it’s a planning issue that has turned into poor PR for his business. However it’ll soon blow over.

Old, crusty healed git, annoyed by pesky young kids playing near house. 

.....I think that stories been running since Billy invented the printing press. :D

• Haha 1

He didn’t show himself in his best light but I’m sure all will end well and I’d put money in his company sponsoring the skate park!

7 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Old, crusty healed git, annoyed by pesky young kids playing near house. 

.....I think that stories been running since Billy invented the printing press. :D

haha sure has Frank , i remember living on a posh new housing estate when i was a kid , we all sat on Grumpies wall leaned our bikes on his wall , nicked Flowers out his garden , potatoes up Grumpies Jag Exhausts . he used to go nuts at us lol 

Then he collapsed in his garden one sat afternoon , we were not upsetting him that day , but was hanging near his house , saw him go down and it was us who raised the alarm and called 999 from a phone box , saved Grumpies life it did , his wife came back found the ambulance on the drive , found out it was us pests that saved him " the ambulance man told her we had called them  " We all got £10 reward and was friends ever after with him when he got out of hospital . Was a heart attack we found out later . 

£10 was a lot of money back then as well , considering there was 8 of us as well . 

We used to help him sweep his drive of  leaves , wash his Jag , mow his lawn , Finished up a nice old guy and taught a lot too . 

happy days :D

• Thanks 1

We lived in aTyneside ‘back to back’ terrace and when we were 11 or 12  several of us would play football in the back lane which was quite normal.None of our parents had cars and then this ‘old bloke’ moved in up the lane.He would constantly warn us to keep away from his A40 which he was very proud of.We used to agitate him by saying things like  ‘ nice Volvo mister ‘.Years later the ‘old bloke’ still lived there and we then established that when he used to bother us he was 37.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, trade vet said:

We lived in aTyneside ‘back to back’ terrace and when we were 11 or 12  several of us would play football in the back lane which was quite normal.None of our parents had cars and then this ‘old bloke’ moved in up the lane.He would constantly warn us to keep away from his A40 which he was very proud of.We used to agitate him by saying things like  ‘ nice Volvo mister ‘.Years later the ‘old bloke’ still lived there and we then established that when he used to bother us he was 37.

Proper old dude at 37 then :lol: should of been ashamed of yourself bothering the old people :lol: .

imagine a 37 yr old in an A40 now days , they all want Golf R's on £350 a month PCP Now , how things have changed :rolleyes: