Rory RSC

Since reopening to public

Get the odd cynical individual who's view is that I am a car salesman therefore dodgy by default this type always have the view that we are liars, rather not deal with this type of customer as they usually turn out to be a pain in the backside. Thankfully we find we can reason with most customers and we deal at screen price, no discount. if and when the job falls out of bed only then would we consider discounting. With the wholesale market as it is right now if you can afford to do it let the morons walk and wait for the sensible customer. 

15 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

Get the odd cynical individual who's view is that I am a car salesman therefore dodgy by default this type always have the view that we are liars, rather not deal with this type of customer as they usually turn out to be a pain in the backside. Thankfully we find we can reason with most customers and we deal at screen price, no discount. if and when the job falls out of bed only then would we consider discounting. With the wholesale market as it is right now if you can afford to do it let the morons walk and wait for the sensible customer. 

Plus no better feeling than someone going away when you won't discount 'just cos', selling to someone else at the asking price or even better with a nice px / finance ( both :D) and then the original person rings back and gives you the great news that they have actually decided to go for it only to tell them it has sold.

25 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Plus no better feeling than someone going away when you won't discount 'just cos', selling to someone else at the asking price or even better with a nice px / finance ( both :D) and then the original person rings back and gives you the great news that they have actually decided to go for it only to tell them it has sold.

Agree, a great feeling when that happens. However, offset by the ones where the car then sits for another 3 months and the punter drives past everyday, craning his neck to see if you still have it and getting a rod on when he sees it.

• Haha 1

Ha ha yes there is the we should have taken the money at the time. Rare but we have all been there although they all go in the end. Please god said punter keeps driving past and does not come onto our forecourt to pleasure his rod.

Had a very busy reopening fortnight but the last couple of weeks have been really very quiet. The kind of quiet where you check the email and phone are working most days. 

Needed to book one into a local main dealer last week and, rather than the usual two week wait, they had every day and every hourly slot free...six empty ramps and down to one tech sweeping up. Only thing seen in the showroom was a some tumbleweed blowing through. Maybe it's a regional thing but it's dire round our way lately. 

32 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Had a very busy reopening fortnight but the last couple of weeks have been really very quiet. The kind of quiet where you check the email and phone are working most days. 

Needed to book one into a local main dealer last week and, rather than the usual two week wait, they had every day and every hourly slot free...six empty ramps and down to one tech sweeping up. Only thing seen in the showroom was a some tumbleweed blowing through. Maybe it's a regional thing but it's dire round our way lately. 

Midlands? we’re the same, even my mechanic I use it’s practically begging me for work and has so few mot’s booked in he’s stopped opening Saturdays. Although this could of been down to last years extension. 

17 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

It’s certainly dire if you have a Stellantis franchise and today you have been terminated with 2 years notice.Some of these will be smaller long established family owned dealerships ( especially in rural areas) who have put their neck on the line and loyally stuck with Vauxhall,Citroen Peugeot through thick and thin for generation’s.Then with this Stellantis merger creation and new management they have terminated every dealer and want to renegotiate. I would hope there will be those who just decide to tell them to stuff it and pack in now.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Midlands? we’re the same, even my mechanic I use it’s practically begging me for work and has so few mot’s booked in he’s stopped opening Saturdays. Although this could of been down to last years extension. 

South East.

Same with the garage I use. They're putting it down to the extension also as there's literally no MOTS for public or trade. It's only small but gone from 3 staff down to 1 this week. 

More noticeable was the main dealer. I don't run a workshop but I know six empty ramps isn't good. 

Edited by grant8064

Really feel for you guys who are having tumbleweed days as we all experience them  from time to time. Tomorrow is another day keep the stock mint and priced to the market , your turn will surely come.