Nick

sourcing stock from main dealers?

Hey All. Yep still newish to the business. Started in Jan. Things going ok but finding that px's are the money makers (funny as when I was setting up I hated the thought of them) Just made a nice little profit on a auris of £1600 and that was a px from a £10000 Juke which ended up being a £500 profit. So.....do you any of you guys have contacts with main dealers? My neighbour works for Nissan and he says they send all the exchanges to auction (shame he is a bit of a tosser) Do you think they are approachable, as in walk in with cash and ask to see what they have and if there is something worth buying take it? Or do you know if they HAVE to send them to auction? I want good stock like everyone else it's just sourcing them that seems to be the issue. Have also found the people are liking the £4000 cars much much better than the 8-10-15 grand vehicles. 

Advice appreciated as always,

Cheers,

Nick.

Most main dealers are part of larger groups. Most groups have a policy where they have to send all part exchanges to auction.

Some smaller independent main dealerships may still allow you to go in and buy their vehicles. but probably already have a well established tie in with someone who takes all their px's.

I rang around a load of places earlier this year and got no where.

I have had the same experiences as rs car sales, that said I did track down the guys who buy out of the dealers and now buy them from, they don’t mark the cars up much and only ring me when the stock ticks my portfolio which I find saves me time could be worth doing some digging.

Most main dealers make good money on their p/xs at auction so would rather sell them there via public auction or online auctions. 

Thanks for the replys guys. Helpful as usual, shame you can't just walk in and take there better px's. Back to Manheim........Or are there any other good auction houses in and around the south west? Bristol is the best for me and luckily they seem to have the largest vehicle amount per week, but mostly newish stock, like 3 years old. That's why I ended up with a £10000 Juke and an £8000 DS3 live and learn, i'm now thinking £5000ers might be the way to go. But where to source? Manheim do do them so i'll have to keep a close eye i guess.

Cheers,

Nick.

Try bridgwater BCA. some good stuff down there. 

Edited by TML CARS LIMITED