Sign in to follow this  
Andy0

Where do the bca map disk/sd’s go?

99% of the cars seem to have missing map disks. 
where do they go? I assumed sticky fingered dealers at the sale, but they’re still all missing during lockdown. 
had this recently. 
L322. Missing the whole changer from the boot. Plus map disk. And the clarion cd changer cartridge.
Someone must be going home each day with a boot load of disks. 

who in the chains taking them all???

Edited by Andy0

2 hours ago, Andy0 said:

where do they go? I assumed sticky fingered dealers at the sale, but they’re still all missing during lockdown. 
had this recently. 
L322. Missing the whole changer from the boot. Plus map disk. And the clarion cd changer cartridge.

I’m guessing the drivers/transporters or the valeters? Every car I seam to pick up lately has had the rear seat bench pulled off where someone’s clearly been looking for loose change.

12 hours ago, Andy0 said:

had this recently. 

99% ? Don’t think so,where are you buying stock.When Nav’s were introduced we found a few were missing.We just used to get replacements from ‘ The Nav Meister’ in Germany.Also wagon drivers have been pulling up seats /glove boxes looking for money for as long as I can remember.

Auction Staff advertise all these parts on face book . 

No member of the trade is allowed on site anymore to steal them are they , so its staff nicking them . 

I bought a car from BCA and it came with all the badges missing , BCA said sold as seen , but badges were clear on the pictures and i printed them out . They bought me new badges at a silly cost , no wonder some smart arse stole them . 

28 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Auction Staff advertise all these parts on face book . 

No member of the trade is allowed on site anymore to steal them are they , so its staff nicking them . 

I bought a car from BCA and it came with all the badges missing , BCA said sold as seen , but badges were clear on the pictures and i printed them out . They bought me new badges at a silly cost , no wonder some smart arse stole them . 

Ha Ha,Were they VW Badges,have the Beastie Boys reformed.For those who don’t know,it may have been the lead singer who wore a VW badge necklace so the fans just stole the badges,millions of them ! It was rare to see a VW with badges intact but kids were seen everywhere wearing them.( having just borrowed them ).

13 hours ago, David Horgan said:

I heard a tale last week when enquiring about a staff member at an auction house.

A couple of months ago a manager bought a couple of items on eBay & thought the seller’s name rang a bell. It turns out it was one of the yard lads who’d made a second career, for years, flogging off stolen items.

Funnily enough this particular staff member was one of the first casualties of the Coronavirus cutbacks.

Note to auction staff; when selling stolen goods use a false name :lol:

I reported an ebay seller who had too many parcel shelves for sale

He worked as a transport driver

I'm confident he was sacked as the problem stopped

Its was getting to be a joke where everyone was missing from this marque